It's a pleated skirt and shorts pattern from 1991! Luckily, the skirt hasn't dated and doesn't show obvious signs of being a product of the 90s.
I initially made a lightweight summer version using a poly-cotton gingham. I really like the style and the pattern, but I wasn't too impressed with the cotton. It was difficult to sew and there was some unwanted puckering in the initial stages. It crushes easily as well (unfortunately this has been picked up in the photo below). But, the skirt is a very easy to wear, casual style.
I decided to remake the skirt in a black corduroy fabric I found in another op-shop. I initially wanted to use this fabric for a circle skirt, but there just wasn't enough for it. I think the pleated skirt has turned out beautifully. I can already tell it's going to get a lot of wear this winter.
Apologies for the awful shadow in some of the pictures - I was unable to get rid of it!





No comments:
Post a Comment